30 Days of Gratitude: Wrapping It Up

hello //



Wrapping up 30 days of Gratitude this month and moving onto hopefully a more productive month in December.  November was exhausting.  November was full of heartache and sadness and drama and frustration and worry.  All emotions and feelings I strive to stay away from if I can, but all inevitable I suppose.  Despite all of this, I am still grateful.  I am blessed.  I am so fortunate for so many things in my life that when I think about all the crap going on I know for sure two things:

1.) Nothing lasts forever.
2.) It could be worse. 

These two things help me from not getting to wrapped up in the sadness.  I am intentionally working towards thinking positive thoughts so I don't get lost in a dark hole.  Some days are better than others.  But still I end the day with a grateful heart.  Here are some last minute things I want to throw out there that I am grateful/thankful for (some repeats) (no particular order):

  1.  Good Health - we may not be great all the time but I am not bed ridden and that's a blessing.
  2.  Money in our checking and savings - we may not have a lot but it's enough to live comfortably.
  3.  Family - I know I can always count on my family no matter what, they are the most supportive, trusting and respectful people I know.
  4. Michael - My husband, my best friend... he is my everything.
  5. Vincent - His smile, his sweet disposition, he makes me laugh and I love him so much.
  6. MiMi - Even tough she pooped in my kitchen this morning, she is the sweetest dog i've ever known.
  7. Our Home - A roof over our head with heating/cooling/running water.  How fortunate are we?
  8. My job - It's not always glamorous but it allows me to bring in a nice income to provide for my family.
  9. Good books - I don't always have all the time to sit down and read but I love the stack of books I can choose from when the mood strikes (or time)
  10. Technology - To keep in touch with those far away, having information at my fingertips, finding inspiration. 
  11. Laughter - it truly does make things better.
  12. Transportation - and reliable transportation at that to get me where I need to go and safely.
  13. Sunshine - I take it for granted especially on these gray winter days.
  14. Music - No matter my mood, music helps... always.
  15. Freedom of Choice - I love that I live in a place where I can choose to live my life how I want.
  16. Life Lessons - To show me things I may have not known unless I lived through something.
  17. Miracles - No matter how small or how big.  I am thankful for them.
  18. My faith - It's not always easy to understand why things happen the way they do, but my faith helps me through it.
  19. Food in our home - Grateful I have food for meals and snacks to nourish my family. 
  20. Paying it Forward - Nothing like brightening someone's day just because you can.
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I will be returning Monday fresh faced and ready to take on December.

[*]

No comments