Where I Come From

I am writing (or attempting to write) every day this month with Jenni from Story of My Life

I come from Italian and French roots.  A mother who was 16 months when she came off the boat with her mother (My nana) from Calabria, Italy.  A father whose family goes back to France. 

I come from a mother who is warm and generous.  A mother who is selfless and protective.  A woman who grew up caring for her siblings and then her own children.  A woman with an infectious laugh and a beautiful soul.  A woman who is the epitome of what family is and what they should do for one another.  A woman who makes a mean pasta and an a killer pesto.  She is my best friend, my shoulder to cry on and the one who really, truly gets me. 

I come from a father who has a work ethic like no one I’ve ever met. A man who is fiercely loyal which I guess lives up to his astrological sign of a Lion.  I come from a man who protects his family and would literally to anything for them.  I come from a man who has a rough exterior but is actually very soft and sensitive on the inside.  He is my hero, my role model and my example of what hard work and dedication can do.

I come from a family who is loud, there for you at the drop of a hat, imperfect and perfect and they are a part of me.  I’m lucky to have so many people I can count on, they make me..me.  They are where I come from.

No comments