When My Life Changed

Today’s prompt is “Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.”
That’s an easy one – it’s the day that this little man came into our lives.
IMG_0244IMG_0256
Everyone tells you how much your life is going to change.  How your world is going to be turned upside down and before that moment, you’re like… OK… well duh… it’s a baby.  Babies have a way of doing that.  But in no way was I prepared for the amount of love and frustration that came with a new baby.
Love because he was in me.  Survived and sustained by me.  It took all my strength to bring him into this world.  The 20+ hours of labor and the 3 1/2 hours of pushing.  He was literally perfection, the biggest lips I have ever seen on a baby and the sweetest little nose. 

Love because he is so pure and innocent.  Love because he is half of me.  Love because he is my everything.  Love because how could you not possible love this little kid and his sweetness?
IMG_0392IMG_0441
But frustration because it’s just not easy.  The late night feedings, the gas, the poop, the pee, the spit up… oh the spit up
IMG_0867
The schedule and the routine.  The crankiness and whining.
  1431794
But this little man, has been growing up before my very eyes and to be honest it’s breaking my heart.  He has such a sweet disposition and his vocabulary is blossoming, his favorite word is “No No” while he shakes his finger at me.  Wonder where he gets it. 

I love him so much and while yes there are frustrations the love supersedes those over and over again.  My life is so much better because of Vincent and I am so grateful to God he has brought him to us.  Thank you Vincent for changing my life.
IMG_2280

No comments