30 Days of Gratitude: Day 19 and Updates

A friendly reminder...

The last couple days have been a blur.  All last week I had intense pain in my neck, shoulder blades, shoulder area and parts of my back - I thought it was stress and pushing myself over the last couple of days.  I felt fine otherwise.  Friday started kind of stressful, but it wasn't anything I couldnt handle, I was out the door so fast I forgot to drink or eat anything! So after checking in at work I headed out the office for a training session I had scheduled at the branches and grabbed a coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Starbucks.   I felt good after getting something in my tummy and continued throughout my day.  After the training sessions, I headed back to the office and began to feel sick.  My appetite was gone, I felt like crawling under my desk and taking a nap and just didnt feel right.  Around 300 pm I decided to call it a day.  I headed home and went to bed for a little.  I started to feel OK so I came out and played with Vincent, hunt out with Mike and had some dinner.  Mike left for the night around 7 and I stayed home and got caught up with my DVR.  When I went to bed I started to get the shivers...BAD.  I wrapped myself up in socks, a huge sweater and even a scarf.  I even felt like I was hallucinating.  Not like your normal hallucinate, but like weird thoughts, sayings, images kept popping up in my head.  I got a fever and was a terrible mess.  I texted Mike to let him know when he comes home to set up shop on the couch because I was definitely sick.  That was a long night.

Saturday wasn't any better.  I was in and out of the bathroom all day, was hot, drank a ton of Gatorade (thanks hubs) and slept. I had another long night of not sleeping and hallucinating again.  Sigh.

Sunday I was starting to feel SOME improvements - not a lot but enough to be like, OK I think I am going to make it. 

Monday was a recovery day and it was exactly what I needed.  I took it slow, took a hot shower, put a little blush and lip gloss on, caught up our overflowing laundry.  And had one of the best nights sleep in a while.  Amen. 

Today I am working from home and Vincent had his 18 month well check up even though he is almost 20 months, lol.  He is doing awesome and so happy he is feeling better too.  After his appointment we went to Hobby Lobby and picked up our new Christmas Tree and did some shopping, grabbed some lunch and now he is taking a nap. 

I am ready to get back into our routine and start feeling better, it's been one thing after another for us and am looking forward to sunnier, healthier days ahead.

Even though I missed coming on to update my 30 days of Gratitude, I am glad I took some time for myself to heal and get better.

Today I am grateful for:

1.) Our family starting to ALL feel better, AMEN!
2.) The awesome sunny day we are having after such crappy weather this weekend.
3.) A clean, disinfected home!
4.) My amazing husband who did SO much for us this weekend while I was out sick.  He truly is one of the best people I know.
5.) My Family.  They've been there so much for us this weekend. 
6.) Fun scarves
7.) Window shopping (not literally, but things I want to buy)

Have a great Tuesday!

[*]

No comments