My New Found Frugal Life

It’s been almost two weeks since we’ve adopted our new found frugal life.  A couple observations/thoughts/musings:

- It hasn’t been easy.  I really want to shop and this is forcing me to not mindlessly spend and it’s also making me appreciate delayed gratification.
- I’m still using a lot of my allowance on food.  Which annoys me.  Coffee/lunches/etc. 
- We still haven't seen the fruits of our labor (yet) I know its only been two weeks.  But since we changed up how we pay our bills, we should see some substantial change by the third pay period.
- It makes me realize that I had a shopping/spending problem, because I get the urge too really bad and I have to physically stop myself.  I was in target and didn’t realize it until I snapped out of it – but I had a gorgeous purse in my hands and I was convinced I was going to walk out of the store with it.
- I think once I see how much (hopefully) is in our checking account by the end of the month I’ll be a changed woman… here’s to hoping.

Overall, it’s been good for me to stop buying buying buying (not that I was out of control, but it was obnoxious) and really forcing me to ask myself… “Do you really need this?” “Is this something that is worth spending your allowance on?” and for that, it’s been worth it so far.  Here’s to many successful and slightly less painful weeks ahead!

 

Image here

2 comments

  1. It's definitely not easy, but once you so start to see those extra dollars in your account it makes you happy.
    I'd even say use coupons. Not like EXTREME couponing, but even just saving like 50 cents to $1 every so often on things can add up.
    And saving change, rolling it & depositing it every so often can help too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope so! I do need to get into couponing...I just dont know where to begin!

    We have this huge floor vase in my office that we've been throwing loose change in.

    Great tips, thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete