Afternoon Walk

Sometimes, when I get annoyed with the everyday frustrations of life and work and everything else in between, and how when I feel stuck all I want to do is just get away and be alone by myself… I think of Hillary and how all she wanted was another year to live.  How being married and having children was on her bucket list before she passed away at the young age of 25.  When I think of her, I put my big girl panties on, kiss my baby and thank God for our health and happiness. 

One particular afternoon of feeling sorry for myself, I actually did something about it.  I put my shoes on, got the stroller out and took the baby out for a walk around the block during a unseasonably warm day (talking about mid 70’s end of October) We crunched through the leaves and took adorable pictures of his little feet dangling and of the beautiful clear blue sky.  It was perfect and it was what I needed, to know that I am blessed in this very moment.  And I prayed again for the Kind family for strength and healing.

Sometimes that’s exactly what we need.  Perspective to know we are going to be OK

150153155156159160161163164165

No comments