10 things To Do After a Hard Day

cup of tea 
+
The cool thing about life is nothing good or bad lasts forever.  

That thought gives me a lot of comfort when I am having a rough day.  Knowing full well, that this is not forever.  This too shall pass.  Bad days are a nice reminder that they are necessary so we can appreciate the good days, the boring days the days that are filled with joy.  So what can you do when you are having a bad day? I have compiled a list of things I like to do to help turn the day around.

1.) Go see a movie: Sometimes being transported into a new world (like a movie) allows you not to dwell on the bad day, forces you to think of something else and when you are done with the movie, unless you see a tear jerker, leaves you feeling refreshed.

2.) Ice Cream: Always makes my heart sing.

3.) Make yourself a cup of tea, curl up on the couch with a blanket and good book: Nothing calms my nerves more than sitting down with a warm drink, a cozy blanket and getting engrossed in an amazing book.

4.) Sleep: Whenever I am in a crummy mood or frustrated.  I usually will take a nap or go to bed early.  Getting a good nights sleep with often allow you to wake up with a new perspective.  

5.) Order take-out: After a rough day, the last thing you want to do is cook dinner! Ordering your favorite dish from your favorite takeout restaurant always brings a smile on my face.

6.) Go to Target: Nothing brings me more joy than going to Target and buying something for myself.  I earned it!

7.) Meet up with a friend for a drink: Meet up with someone who lifts you up.  Sit down, order your favorite adult beverage, some food that is terribly bad for yourself by entirely too delicious and rage a little about your day.  Spirit.  Lifted.

8.) Take a hot shower or bath: Light some candles, get some bubbles going and put on some relaxing tunes.  Feel that stress evaporate.

9.) Popcorn and Netflix: I don't know about you but when I get hooked on a TV series I have to watch the whole thing, the sooner the better (I just watched Season 7 of HIMYM in one Sunday) So pop some popcorn and watch episode after episode of your newest fav show.

10.) Go for a walk: A nice brisk walk is a great cure all for your grumps.  Enjoy some fresh air, especially if you have a job which requires you to be inside most of the day under florescent lights.  Natural light, crisp air, some endorphins going is a great way to help your mood.


What do you like to do to help you feel better after a hard day?

2 comments

  1. i like to go for a walk. it helps to clear the mind and see the beauty around you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most def. I especially love the changing leaves where I am at. Love it!

      Delete