That Time I Did a 5K

If you remember from this post.  I mentioned that I wanted to do a 5k before my 28th birthday.  I put it on there as a lofty goal as I am just not a runner.  It’s a dream of mine, but it’s just not a reality.  However back in November (maybe, cant remember) I saw early registration for the Color Run in Ypsi, MI.  If you don’t know what the color run is – it is described as the Happiest 5K on the Planet.  You’re not timed.  There was every walk of life there.  Old, young, babies, toddlers, men, woman, avid runners, avid walkers, teens – I saw it all.  And I did it.  I walked/light jogged the full 3.1 miles and guess what?! I loved it! I had a blast! I went with my mom’s friend from churches daughter, Amanda. 

Seriously, because I had so much fun – I plan on doing it again every year moving forward – seriously.  BLASTY BLAST my friends.  I also overheard there were over 15,000 people at this run.  15,000! Too cool.  Here are some pics and a video from the day. 

IMG_1973
Pre-Run – So fresh and clean
IMG_1974
We saw a couple brides and yes they ran in those with people holding their train
IMG_1976
Goes on and on and on
IMG_1975IMG_1983|
At the start line to the left and post color run
IMG_1985
At the finish line!

No comments