Let’s talk about Anxiety…

IMG_0005

I’m an anxious person.  I get restless and uneasy about certain things.  Now, I haven’t gone to a professional to be diagnosed as having an Anxiety disorder, but I know well enough that if I feel as anxious as I do 80% of the time, that’s no considered “healthy”.

Now, I am not saying these things to raise any eyebrows or have people research ways to help me.  My anxiety isn’t crippling my everyday life (luckily) I just don’t have the luxury to lay in bed and think about all the things that could go wrong.  I have a husband, baby and home who need my attention, love and support.  But all too often, I feel that feeling making it’s regular appearance.

That guy was coughing and sneezing right next to you, you better go wash your hands and wash all your clothes – you cant get sick.

You’re about to eat that burger? It probably has E-coli.  You’ll probably get it and die.

You don’t want to travel anywhere, what if something bad happens?

We will never have enough money to live as comfortably as you want.  You are not even contributing to a 401k.  You’ll probably have to work till you 70 and miss out on all of your babies important life milestones.

He didn’t pick up the phone.  There must have been some sort of accident.

Some people might laugh and say… Oh Maria, she is just wound up tight… or Oh Maria, she just needs to learn to chill out.  Or, Oh Maria, she is such a control freak.  I wish I was more laid back, I wish certain things didn’t cause me to spiral into a worrying session that lasts all day, I wish I could laugh stuff off or didn’t over analyze a comment or worry about the safety and well being of every single person that I love and care about every free second that I get.  But I do.  Everyday I work on letting go.  Everyday I try to laugh stuff off, and not let it eat away inside.  Everyday when I call and don’t get an answer I’ll try and wait instead of calling till there is an answer.  Everyday is another chance to sit back, count to 10 and breathe.  Everyday is a new day to do better.

No comments