On giving up

image

 

I feel bad for people who give up so easily.  I do.  I feel bad for those people because, I think there is a part of them that really doesn’t understand how the world works, or what life is like.  I sometimes feel as though they are so incredibly selfish and narrow.

I feel bad for those people because they never truly grow or learn because they don’t fight through the hard.  They don’t learn from their mistakes because they are always running away from them.  If I ran away from all the hard things in my life, I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror at the end of the day and say, “Well at least I did my best.”

Giving up would tear me up inside.  It would eat away at my soul.  It would leave me feeling hollow.  Especially, if I didn’t voice my concerns before hand.  Especially if I didn’t really truly 100% try.  Oh, I’m stressed so poof I’m done.  Or, I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off so I am going to walk away without notice.  Seriously? Do you really want to be that person?

I don’t have the luxury to quit and give up.  I have a family.  A home.  Bills.  Student Loans.  Debt.  Food to put on the table.  A car to get me from point A to point B.  I can’t quit.  I have to surrender to the difficulties, the misery, the suffering and learn.  If it’s hard then I think I’m in this situation right now because God wants to me to learn from it or someone.  I am suffering now so I will get some reprieve later.  Nothing GOOD or BAD lasts forever so why do people run away so quickly when things get bad or hard?

I pray for those people because their lives will never get easier or better because they are constantly running.  I pray that the next time something hard, or stressful or scary happens they stop look it in the face and muddle through it – through all the difficulties, emotions and all.  Because at the end you are a different person, a stronger person a better person because you lived through it.  You have everything to lose if you give up and everything to gain if you live through it.  So live through it. 

No comments