Being the Best I Can

getting out of debt

2013.  I thought for sure by now we’d have flying cars. 2013 sounds so futuristic doesn’t it? But alas, we don’t have flying cars… I’ll continue to hope that 2014 gets on that ASAP.

Another year.  I am hoping that 2013 brings good things for myself and my family.  I hope to do many things together and there are plenty of things I want to accomplish for myself.  Call them what you will: resolutions, goals, timelines – whatever… the idea is still the same.  We all want to do better.  We all want to grow.  We all want to learn from ourselves and others.  So I have been thinking about a list of things I want to work on this year.

1.) TAKE BETTER CARE OF MYSELF – Eat better, drink more water, talk nicely to myself, exercise more, get enough sleep, stop eating too many carbs, give myself time, find time to be alone even though you feel guilt, stop eating too much sugar.  You have this one body in this one life.  Treat yourself well.

2.) STOP SPENDING SO MUCH G|D MONEY ON THINGS YOU DON’T NEED – You know, that cute scarf, that adorable spring nail polish color, another book, that tinted moisturizer.  Saving our money is my goal for 2013.  After a car accident (not serious) and a flat tire on another it makes me realize that we don’t have much of a savings account to help us when we need it most.  I am going to contribute a nice chunk of change each month from our income.  By the end of the year I hope to have at least $5000 in our savings.

3.) GIVE MORE – We may not have a lot.  But what we have is more than enough.  We live comfortably.  We have nice things.  We are blessed, which is why I want to give more to those who don’t.  I am going to contribute a small amount to a non-profit each month using this cool little site as well as giving more to our church.

You basically pick something to forgo like coffee or eating out or seeing a movie and choose how much you want to donate then find a non-profit to donate too – and enter in your info.  EASY!

image   image

4.) ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE! -  Get into a better cleaning routine.  Keep things tidy, purge things and clothes that you no longer use or wear.  Everything should have a place…if you cant find out where – purge!

5.) GO ON ADVENTURES – 2012 was a year of the baby.  We had him in March and the whole year basically revolved around him.  Not a bad thing at all, but it left me feeling a little despondent from the world.  I want 2013 to be full of trips to the park, going to the pool/lake, picnics, zoo’s, and a couple of trips for just Mike and I too.

5 seems like a good number – I don’t want to go too crazy.  Here’s to an amazing year full of more love and joy.  What are your goals for 2013?

No comments