Trying to Understand.

newtown

My heart is hurting.  I know there is ugly everyday in this world.  I know awful, horrendous, unthinkable things happen every second.  Most of it we don’t hear about, most of it we don’t think about it.  But it’s real.  It happened.  Lives were lost.  Lives were changed. 

I just don’t understand the hate.  The madness.  The evil.  If everything happens for a reason, what is the reason behind such an act at Sandy Hook Elementary? What was the purpose of those children dying? Why was there so much hurt and suffering? Why them? 

I am a woman of faith.  But I question God and his purpose.  Ever since Vincent came into my life, holding such a sweet, innocent pure baby in my arms – I just cannot fathom anyone or anything happening to him.  Which I believe is why I can not stop thinking about the children who lost their lives, the families who will never be the same – not holding their sweet, sweet baby ever again.  It’s enough for me to fly off the deep end. 

So I’ll pray.  Even though it’s hard for me right now.  I’ll thank God for Vincent.  I’ll thank God for watching over us.  Love one another.  We are all we’ve got.

 

[picture from AP]

No comments