What I Want and What I Need

palms



Life has been hard lately.  Unbalanced.  Chaotic.  Tragically beautiful at times.  Hard.  Full of worry.  Doubt.  And I am working really hard to change a lot of the negative.  Because my goal in life is to put nothing but positive out into the universe.

I started coming up with this running list in my head of all the things I want and need in my life.  Here is said list:

What I Want:

- An ice cold pitcher of sangria
- A huge helping of creamy spinach and artichoke dip with warm bread for dipping
- 60 degree weather so I can open up my windows and let the cool air circulate in our home
- A spa day that includes a massage, a facial, mani and pedi
- A movie marathon day - popcorn, icee, 2-3 movies in the theater.  BLISS.
- A little extra spending money to buy a film camera and film for developing
- A day in a coffee shop with my laptop sipping espresso and writing and reading away
- A Zingermann's sandwich eaten outside in the sun with a cold lemonade
- A custard ice cream from Ritters.
- A day at the beach watching my kid play in the water, happy and smiling and laughing in the nice warm sun



What I Need:


- My kid to feel better, he has been so sick this winter.
- A good nights sleep with no interruptions and the opportunity to sleep in.
- A vacation with just Mike and I.  We are in desperate need of some quality alone time.
- A new rug for our living room. After the weekend we had, it needs to go.
- A through spring cleaning in our home.  Getting our air ducts cleaned in April, YAY!
- To go grocery shopping and stock up
- To get our landscaping in the front and back cleaned up - BAD
- A technology free weekend.   I need a weekend to unplug.
- To get all our paperwork for medical bills updated and paid off
- An opportunity to bring in a little extra money on the side.
- To purge and clean and declutter my home - especially our basement and kitchen.
- To move Vincent into his big boy room (sob.  But i need to put it together first)
- To start getting stuff ready for baby #2 - 4 months to go.
- A good cry

I think it's funny that a lot of my wants have to do with food and drinks.  I want alcohol so bad - but I just cant and it sucks.

I am ready for the weather to improve.  For sunnier days to take over.  For better days ahead.  What are on your lists of wants and needs?

+

No comments